- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2022
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2021
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2020
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2019
- BEWARE OF SCAMS!
- WEATHER CANCELLATIONS OF HEARINGS
- THE 300 SPARTANS
- SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE CLOSING: NOVEMBER 29, 2013
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA 2014
- CAN YOU APPLY ONLINE FOR SSI/SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME BENEFITS?
- Social Security Disability ABC's
- Social Security Disability and the Law
- Social Security Disability From the Other Side
- Social Security Disability Medical Issues
- Social Security Disability Musings
- Social Security Disability News
- SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY OF INTEREST
- Social Security Disability Practices
SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2021
The 2021 COLA is 1..3%. The press release is https://www.ssa.gov/news/cola/
SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2020
The Social Security Administration has announced the Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for 2020. The increase is 1.6%. The press release is HERE
SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2019
The Social Security Administration has announced the Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for 2019. The increase is 2.8%. The press release is HERE
BEWARE OF SCAMS!
The Office of the Inspector General monitors scams. You can read about them HERE
WEATHER CANCELLATIONS OF HEARINGS
Not sure if your hearing is rescheduled because of weather? Wondering if the District Office is open for business due to weather or otherwise? The Social Security website has a running list of closings and late openings and early closings. You can check the status here.
However, you need to know that that website is pretty poor at posting accurately and timely, so you are better off verifying the information before leaving for your hearing.
As a general rule, the federal offices tend to be a bit more hardy, tending to remain open longer than most state offices.