- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2021
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2020
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2019
- BEWARE OF SCAMS!
- WEATHER CANCELLATIONS OF HEARINGS
- THE 300 SPARTANS
- SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE CLOSING: NOVEMBER 29, 2013
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA 2014
- CAN YOU APPLY ONLINE FOR SSI/SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME BENEFITS?
- GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN AND HOW IT WILL AFFECT YOU
- Social Security Disability ABC's
- Social Security Disability and the Law
- Social Security Disability From the Other Side
- Social Security Disability Medical Issues
- Social Security Disability Musings
- Social Security Disability News
- SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY OF INTEREST
- Social Security Disability Practices
Monthly Archives: October 2012
Question: What happens on March 1, 2013? Answer: “Paper or plastic?” stops being a valid question for payment of federal benefits. What’s that you say? By March 1, 2013, anyone receiving federal benefits (Social Security, VA, etc.) must switch over … Continue reading →
Social Security benefits and SSI (Supplement Security Income) benefits will increase 1.7 percent starting January, 2013 [SSI payments will increase starting December 31, 2012]. This affects about 64 million people nationwide.
This is what I know: no mother whispers into her child’s cradle to her sleeping infant, or to her cooing baby, in her arms, “When you grow up, you’re going to be disabled and go on Social Security.” This is … Continue reading →
One of the issues that comes up quite frequently in Social Security Disability, and is probably the most confusing for clients, is the “Date Last Insured”; in Social Security-speak, the DLI. Clients come in with a letter from Social Security … Continue reading →