- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2022
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2021
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2020
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA: 2019
- BEWARE OF SCAMS!
- WEATHER CANCELLATIONS OF HEARINGS
- THE 300 SPARTANS
- SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE CLOSING: NOVEMBER 29, 2013
- SOCIAL SECURITY COLA 2014
- CAN YOU APPLY ONLINE FOR SSI/SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME BENEFITS?
- Social Security Disability ABC's
- Social Security Disability and the Law
- Social Security Disability From the Other Side
- Social Security Disability Medical Issues
- Social Security Disability Musings
- Social Security Disability News
- SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY OF INTEREST
- Social Security Disability Practices
Monthly Archives: October 2012
GoDirect, DirectExpress, and Countdown Clocks
Posted on October 20, 2012 by Melissa Buckley
Question: What happens on March 1, 2013? Answer: “Paper or plastic?” stops being a valid question for payment of federal benefits. What’s that you say? By March 1, 2013, anyone receiving federal benefits (Social Security, VA, etc.) must switch over … Continue reading →
Posted in Social Security Disability News | Tagged Direct Express, DirectExpress, disability, Go Direct, GoDirect, social security disability | Leave a comment
COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) and Social Security 2013
Posted on October 17, 2012 by Melissa Buckley
Social Security benefits and SSI (Supplement Security Income) benefits will increase 1.7 percent starting January, 2013 [SSI payments will increase starting December 31, 2012]. This affects about 64 million people nationwide.
Posted in Social Security Disability News | Tagged 2013, attorneys. lawyers, COLA, disability, social security, social security disability | Leave a comment
SOCIAL SECURITY AND THE 47% OR IS IT 50%?
Posted on October 7, 2012 by Melissa Buckley
This is what I know: no mother whispers into her child’s cradle to her sleeping infant, or to her cooing baby, in her arms, “When you grow up, you’re going to be disabled and go on Social Security.” This is … Continue reading →
Posted in Social Security Disability Musings | Tagged ALJ, disability, Judges, social security disability | 2 Comments
WHAT IS THE “DATE LAST INSURED”? WHAT IS DLI?
Posted on October 5, 2012 by Melissa Buckley
One of the issues that comes up quite frequently in Social Security Disability, and is probably the most confusing for clients, is the “Date Last Insured”; in Social Security-speak, the DLI. Clients come in with a letter from Social Security … Continue reading →
Posted in Social Security Disability ABC's | Tagged Date Last Insured, disability, DLI, social security disability | 4 Comments